As a Correctional Officer, you will be assigned to a specific unit or post, under the direct supervision of a Correctional Sergeant. A Correctional Officer maintains the security of the assigned unit or post, as well as the safety of staff and offenders while ensuring daily activities and programs proceed on schedule.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Attending daily roll call for shift briefings
- Supervising offenders or juvenile students
- Maintaining offender or student accountability
- Completing security checks
- Maintaining key control
- Completing paperwork such as daily logs, conduct reports, and incident reports