Who is served by Head Start and Early Head Start?
- Children with disabilities; regardless of income, 10% of a program’s seats are reserved for children with disabilities
- Children from families whose income is below the Federal Poverty Level
- Children from homeless families
- Children from families who receive public assistance such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families or Supplemental Security Income
- Children in foster care, regardless of income
- Early Head Start services are also available for pregnant women with incomes below the Federal Poverty Level