A motorcycle endorsement may be issued to Indiana residents who:
- Are at least 16 years and 90 days of age
- Hold a valid Indiana driver’s license
- Have successfully completed a Ride Safe Indiana (RSI)-authorized motorcycle safety training course and driver education
For all other applicants, to add a motorcycle endorsement to your Indiana driver's license, you must:
- Be 16 years and 270 days of age and provide proof you:
- Successfully completed a Ride Safe Indiana (RSI)-authorized motorcycle safety training course; or
- Passed a motorcycle knowledge test based on the Indiana Motorcycle Operator’s Manual, and passed a motorcycle riding skills exam at an authorized examination site.
- These can be found online at RideSafeIndiana.com.
If you are less than 18 years of age you must have a parent or guardian sign an Agreement of Financial Liability.