Start by registering with the Indiana Department of Homeland Security Public Safety Portal. Then choose Request New Permit or License. Before you begin, make sure you have proper documentation to
- Proof of eligibility
1. Documentation showing the following:
1. You have at least three (3) years of documented work experience in the elevator industry in construction, maintenance and service or repair OR
2. You have at least eighteen (18) months experience in the elevator industry in construction, maintenance and service or repair and have at least three (3) years’ experience in a related field that is certified by a licensed elevator contractor.
3. RECIPROCITY: Currently hold an elevator mechanic license issued by another state.
2. Documentation showing the following:
1. You have successfully completed NAEC Certified Elevator Technician (CET) Exam
2. You have successfully completed NEIEP Elevator Mechanics Exam
2. Proof of Insurance
1. Certificate of Insurance that complies with the requirements of IC 22-15-5-14.
3. Proof of Workers’ Compensation
1. Proof demonstrating that you are covered by workers' compensation under IC 22-3-2-5.
4. A credit card or an echeck ready to pay the fee upon completion of the application.