Start by registering with the Indiana Department of Homeland Security Public Safety Portal. Then choose Request New Permit or License. Before you begin, make sure you have:
- Documentation showing one (1) of the following:
- You have at least three (3) years of documented work experience in the elevator industry in construction, maintenance and service or repair OR
- You have at least eighteen (18) months experience in the elevator industry in construction, maintenance and service or repair and have at least three (3) years experience in a related field that is certified by a licensed elevator contractor.
- RECIPROCITY: Currently hold an elevator mechanic license issued by another state.
- Documentation showing the following:
- You have successfully completed NAEC Certified Elevator Technician (CET) Exam
- You have successfully completed NEIEP Elevator Mechanics Exam
3. A credit card or an echeck ready to pay the fee upon completion of the application.