If during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday), call 317-232-2693. Identify the call as a fatality/catastrophe report. You will be transferred to an IOSHA official who will request the following information:
- The establishment name.
- The location of the incident.
- The time of the incident.
- The number of fatalities or hospitalized employees.
- The names of any injured employees.
- The name of the employer's contact person, and his/her telephone number
- A brief description of the incident.
If not during normal business hours or on a holiday, please call the federal OSHA Hotline at 800-321-OSHA (800-321-6742) and speak with the duty officer.
A catastrophe is an incident that results in three or more employees being hospitalized overnight.
Reporting the incident by fax or email is prohibited.