Persons not eligible for assistance from this fund include:
- A victim who did not receive bodily injury as a result of the crime.
- A victim of a hit & run accident
- A victim who has engaged in misconduct that caused or contributed to the crime that led to their injury or death.
- A victim who was injured while committing, attempting to commit, participating or attempting to participate in a criminal act.
- A claimant whose net worth exceeds $200,000.
- A victim who receives collateral source payments in excess of $15,000. (*Note: An award will be reduced by any collateral source income received.)
- A claimant who fails to file an application within 180 days of the crime's occurrence. (*Note: The Victim's Compensation division may extend the filing period up to 2 years from the date of the crime's occurrence.)
See http://www.in.gov/cji for more information.