What should I do to prepare for my child’s vaccination appointment?
- Get tips for how to support your child before, during, and after the visit. Click here for more information.
- Talk to your child before the visit about what to expect.
- Tell the doctor or nurse if your child has any allergies to any ingredient in the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Comfort your child during the appointment.
- To prevent fainting and injuries related to fainting, your child should be seated or lying down during vaccination and for 15 minutes after the vaccine is given.
- After your child’s COVID-19 vaccination, you will be asked to stay for 15–30 minutes so your child can be observed in case they have a severe allergic reaction and need immediate treatment.