Certain Emergency Medical Services (EMS) units can give the COVID-19 vaccination to qualified people who cannot leave their homes.
- To qualify, you must either:
- Because of illness or injury, need the aid of crutches, canes, wheelchairs, or walkers; the use of special transportation; or the help of another person in order to leave your home; OR
- Have a condition such that leaving your home isn’t recommended.
- If you meet one of the criteria above, then you must ALSO meet the additional requirements defined below.
- You usually do not, or only rarely, leave your home due to health reasons or a severe disability or leaving home requires a taxing effort including the help of another person.
- To learn more or arrange for this service, you should reach out to the Area Agency on Aging nearest you at https://www.in.gov/fssa/da/area-agencies-on-aging/ or call 800-986-3505.
You may also qualify for the Homebound Hoosiers service if you’re unable to physically attend a vaccine clinic. To be added to this list, contact your local Area Agency on Aging at https://www.in.gov/fssa/da/area-agencies-on-aging/ or call 1-800-986-3505. A vaccine clinic will contact you in 7 – 14 business days depending on vaccine availability.