For Hoosiers in need transportation, IU Health offers free rides to any vaccine site in the state. If you need transportation to your vaccine appointment anywhere in the state, call 1.888.IUHEALTH (1.888.484.3258) and choose option 9. Rides are provided at no cost. Callers will be asked if they have insurance in case their insurance company already covers the cost of transportation, but insurance is not required.
- Hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday; 8 a.m. – noon EDT on Saturday
- An IU Health team member will help coordinate a ride based on your scheduled appointment and location.
- IU Health is using Lyft to facilitate most of these rides. In areas that don’t have Lyft, IU Health is working with other transportation providers. Lyft drivers are permitted to drive thru the sites.
- Interpreters from IU Health’s Language Services team are available to help if a caller does not speak English.
- Same-day rides are possible if drivers are available. You should call no more than seven days in advance of your appointment to schedule a ride. IU Health will schedule rides to and from the vaccine appointment at the same time. IU Health asks that you schedule your appointment and request a ride in your own county of residence. If that is not possible, you should still call our call center and we will try to schedule a ride for you.
- Rides are provided at no cost. You will be asked if you have insurance in case your insurance provider already covers the cost of transportation.
If you are an Indiana Health Coverage Plan member (Medicaid), please call your health plan at the number below to learn about your transportation options:
- Anthem: 1-866-408-6131
- CareSource: 1-844-607-2829
- FFS (Southeastrans): 1-855-325-7586
- MDwise: 1-800-356-1204
- MHS: 1-877-647-4848
Details about safe transportation options to and from vaccination sites for everyone else who needs help are being finalized and will be made available as soon as possible.