Only a qualified organization can conduct charitable gaming in the State of Indiana.
A qualified organization is:
IC 4-32.2-2-24 "Qualified organization"
(a) "Qualified organization" means:
(1) a bona fide religious, educational, senior citizens, veterans, or civic organization operating in Indiana that:
(A) operates without profit to the organization's members;
(B) is exempt from taxation under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code; and
(C) has been continuously in existence in Indiana for at least five (5) years or is affiliated with a parent organization that has been in existence in Indiana for at least five (5) years;
(2) a bona fide political organization operating in Indiana that produces exempt function income (as defined in Section 527 of the Internal Revenue Code); or
(3) a state educational institution (as defined in IC 20-12-0.5-1).
(b) For purposes of IC 4-32.2-4-3, a "qualified organization" includes the following:
(1) A hospital licensed under IC 16-21.
(2) A health facility licensed under IC 16-28.
(3) A psychiatric facility licensed under IC 12-25.
(4) An organization defined in subsection (a).
(c) For purposes of IC 4-32.2-4-10, a "qualified organization" includes a bona fide business organization.
IC 4-32.2-2 describes the types of non -profit organizations that may apply to conduct charity gaming as: