Consolidation of Dispatch Centers and Dispatch Centers that are going under an authority other than law enforcement
are ever more increasing. In order to make the consolidation and transition more smooth listed below are some of the requirements needed for IDACS:
1. A letter is required to be sent to IDACS advising of the consolidation or transition and any agencies involved.
2. A copy of the Memorandum of Agreement is required for the consolidation to take place between the agencies involved.
3. An Information Systems Diagram of the proposed new agency or change to the existing agency must be provided (Visio is the preferred network design tool). The construction and configuration of the network must be in compliance with the CJIS Security Policy.
4. If a CAD is going to be connected a letter of request will be required.
5. If additional MDD devices, or additional CAD devices are to be added, a letter of request will be required. The Information Systems Diagram must be revised to reflect the addition of an MDD system or additional CAD devices. The name of the MDD system or CAD vendor must be identified in the request.
1. MDD's and CAD's can only inquire into the Stolen, Wanted and the BMV files.
2. Vendor information and name(s) and telephone number(s) for point o