Yes. The following types of rules are excluded from the moratorium:
- Rules to fulfill an objective related to job creation and increasing investment in Indiana or to improve the quality of Indiana's workforce;
- Rules that repeal existing rules or reduce their regulatory impact;
- Rules that implement a federal mandate and no waiver is permitted;
- Rules necessary to avoid a violation of a court order or federal law that would result in sanctions by a court or the federal government against the state for failure to conduct the rulemaking action;
- Rules to address matters pertaining to the control, mitigation or eradication of waste, fraud or abuse within a state agency or wasteful or abusive activities perpetrated against a state agency;
- Rules that reduce State spending; or
- Rules whose predominate purpose and effect are to address matters of emergency or health or safety, including the promulgation of an emergency rule under Ind. Code 4-22-2-37.1.